Hey ya’ll. I am currently choking on a vitamin D3 chewable tablet. Ugh. Why do they make those and why did I buy them? So chalky. Thankfully, I am still alive after choking down the remnants with a hot coffee. Yikes..
ANYWAY, I have not posted in a long time because I have been injured (broken rib) and unable to do my favourite things like jiu-jitsu and weightlifting. I was having a pity party for awhile, but I have moved on. There are so many things I CAN DO. It’s unbelievable! So shut up, crazy cup-half-empty-lady inside my head. I have focused my energy more on other hobbies like cooking! I have no clue what I am doing, but I will share it with you anyway.
I love granola! It is so tasty and crunchy. Unfortunately, it also tends to be full of processed sugar and nasty oils that I do not want to ingest in copious amounts. So I decided to hit up Bulk Barn and make my own.
PALEO GRANOLA RECIPE:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup dried mulberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raw organic cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup raw shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw unpasteurized honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350◦F
- Throw all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix it up!
- Heat coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract until melted then pour it on top of your dry mix and mix it all up again.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper
- Cook for 20-30 minutes until crunchy stirring it once
I recommend experimenting with your favourite nuts/seeds/dried fruit. Maybe sub maple syrup for honey! what??! That would be so good.